The Tennessee Chapter of Postpartum Support International’s mission is to educate, advocate and collaborate to promote the emotional and mental health wellbeing of prenatal, postpartum mothers, their families, and support systems through awareness and connection to treatment in Tennessee.
PSI-TN is a working board aiming to both identify resources as well as to encourage the creation of new resources in the community and to improve access to these resources for all families.
We are in search of new board members who are passionate about supporting us to achieve our mission.
If you’re interested in applying for the PSI-TN Board, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application for more information
- Willing to serve no more than two consecutive three-year terms as an elected member (or serve some portion thereof if appointed to fill the remainder of a vacant, unexpired term)
- Committed to attending board meetings for one hour each month, which are held Monday evenings, at 7:30CST/8:30EST on the fourth week of each month, excluding December.
- Willing to actively participate in one or more committees and carry out appropriate assignments outside of monthly board meetings (on average four to eight hours/month)
- Willing to serve as an officer of the board or in other leadership roles
- Attend at least one fundraising event per year (currently remote)
- Act as an ambassador for PSI-TN in a formal and informal capacity throughout the community
Targeted functions and networking for board candidates:
- Office of secretary (keeps minutes at meetings, receives applications for scholarships to events)
- Office of treasurer
- Grant writing experience
- Fundraising experience
- Printing – paper goods, promotional material